Monday, March 5

Poverty

Over 11 million people live in a low income household in the UK.
More than 4 million adults received less than the minimum wage for working in 2006.
Adults in the poorest of our society are twice as likely to develop mental illness.
Children from manual social backgrounds are 1 and half times more likely to die as infants than those from other backgrounds.
A third of homes in England where classed as non-decent in 2004.

This Friday John Long is going to talk to us about Christians Against Poverty
A National Debt Counselling service which offers hope and solutions to people in financial difficulty.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friday regulars.Sorry I couldn't make it on Friday. How did it go ?

Anonymous said...

Looks as though it was a quiet night. I didn't make it either

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...anyone else ?

Anonymous said...

Nor I - I did offer my apologies in advance - hopefully some one took some notes

Anonymous said...

It would be useful if anyone was there to let me know what was said so I can plan this Firday's service when we will have a guest in our midst from the Bradford Christian School

Anonymous said...

Whoops forgot to say, don't forget your red noses. I have also just looked at my plans and Fiona is planning this Friday, so my panic is over.

Anonymous said...

Should that not be red faces Richard? In view of our mass absenteeism last week?

Anonymous said...

I don't believe anyone needs to feel embarassed anonymous.